WHY SWADDLING YOUR BABY WITH WOOMBIE
Swaddling is a much-used technique for newborn babies that are irritable, such as cry-babies, babies who only sleep shortly or are overstimulated easily and babies who have trouble falling asleep. Swaddling can be a way of breaking away from this downward spiral, and getting through those tough first few months as well as possible.
Babies who are swaddled are much more at ease and cry less, allowing parents to lay the groundwork for a healthy sleeping pattern. This way, not only does your baby benefit from swaddling, but you can also benefit from better and longer nights!
Swaddling: it's been done since the dawn of days and has made a comeback in recent years. It makes babies more at ease, feel secure and sleep better and deeper. It's not scary, and certainly not sad.
REASONS TO SWADDLE:
- If your baby has trouble falling asleep
- If your baby only takes short naps
- When your baby is overstimulated and restless
- If your baby cries from being over-tired
- If your baby hits or scratches itself awake
- If your baby suffers from colic and/or reflux
- Swaddling can alleviate distress for cry-babies